Outside Sales Support
Reports to: VP/Sales Manager
Hours: 40 hours weekly
Outside Sales Representative is responsible for supporting the Sales Department to grow customer accounts, facilitating and qualifying lead generation through direct and indirect channels, and to sell new and used agricultural, turf and compact construction equipment to new and existing customers within an assigned territory while promoting all aspects of Virginia Tractor in a professional manner.
- Represents the company for the sale of machinery to customers in a defined sales area
- Maintains current product knowledge on features and benefits of all equipment potentially saleable by the dealership
- Monitors competitive activity/products and timely communicates to management, accordingly
- Captures all assigned territory activity and documents all customer information in company provided systems/tools for sales management
- Knows and follows a defined sales process
- Maintains assigned company vehicles and equipment
- Assists with the preparation and execution of customer events
- Conducts new equipment field demonstrations
- Monitors trends in customer’s business activities and timely communicates to management
- Maintains current knowledge of financing options to assist customers with securing the purchase of new and used goods
- Attends applicable sales training events/seminars
- May maintain current knowledge of used equipment values and ability to evaluate properly for trading purposes
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
Experience, Education, Skills, and Knowledge:
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree with concentration in business or related field preferred.
- 1+ years industry-related and sales experience preferred.
- Knowledge of agricultural or turf equipment and farming or operational practices preferred.
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office, internet functions and ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Clean driving record and valid driver’s license required
- Personal characteristics: Strong customer service and communication skills, achievement oriented, planning/organization skills, problem solving, team player.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Demonstrates strong work ethic and acts with a sense of urgency.
- Excellent customer relationship skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret basic sales reports.