Reports to: Corporate Parts Manager and Branch Manager
Supervises: Parts Counter Salesperson, Parts Warehouse, and other parts staff
Hours: 40 hours weekly
Responsible for parts
operations within the branch location to provide the highest level of external
and internal customer satisfaction while maximizing return on investment
through parts sales, inventory control, and expense control.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Fosters an engaged work environment within the location and parts department, encouraging accountability, open communication, teamwork, and a commitment to serving the customer.
- Works with the Corporate Parts Manager to develop and follow an annual parts department budget to provide realistic, attainable and measurable parts sales and profit goals compatible with overall dealership financial and operational objectives; monitors and reports monthly to ensure achievement of budgeted sales and profit goals
- Participates in the execution of the Corporate Aftermarket Marketing Plan
- Assists with the development and training of parts personnel and may complete performance reviews of parts sales professionals and parts staff
- Maintains an accurate and effective parts inventory control system that includes a perpetual and/or annual physical inventory and proper counter procedures
- Assists with counter sales to support customer needs
- Maintains all parts departmental tools, equipment, and vehicles in good working order.
- Coach and mentor Parts Department employees on a regular basis with regards to sales, fill and inventory integrity
- Execute parts department standard processes
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge
- 3+ years previous experience in a parts sales or advanced parts and machinery knowledge or other related Sales or Service management experience.
- Experience creating positive relationships with the community, customers and personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to connect with customers, maintain professional image, establish rapport.
- Experience using standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office, internet applications and ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Proven record of interpreting, implementing, achieving strategies and goals.
- Ability to write and speak effectively to individuals and groups.
- Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends, as needed.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience.