Reports to: Branch Service Manager
Type of Employment: 40 hours weekly
Performs diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned agricultural, turf and outdoor power equipment.
- Performs diagnostics and repairs on agricultural, turf and outdoor power equipment.
- Maintains current product knowledge of John Deere and competitive products
- Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment
- Participates in all Service and Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
- Prepares and completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments
- Accounts for all time on a time card and for all material used in performing assigned duties
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- Preferably one year of experience performing service repairs.
- Ability to perform repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures.
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural and turf equipment.
- Preferred experience with Service Advisor and basic computer functions
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. repeatedly
- Service Technician certification preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required; Associates degree preferred
- Valid Driver’s license is required
- Forklift license preferred
Must have a current 10-year DMV printout (no more than 30-days old).