Type of Employment: Full-time
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGER
Purpose for this Position:
Oversees and coordinates all company efforts in the areas of technology-related product/service selection, set-up, support, communications, and data protection in order to assist employees in efficiently completing work. Oversees and assures up-to-date, effective hardware and software applications are in place and employees are properly trained in their use.
- Maintains IT asset information to ensure appropriate lifecycle management
- Works with appropriate personnel to establish and adhere to annual IT budget
- Coordinates purchasing new technology solutions including computers, servers, cell phones, software, etc.
- Develops and enforces policies to allow for the most cost-effective use of existing solutions
- Maintains knowledge of current technology and stay abreast of new technological advancements in order to provide cost effective solutions for the company
- Maintains administration of all user IDs and passwords, grants clearance to systems and applications as appropriate
- Safeguards dealership technology systems through items such as acceptable use, password, and network access policies
- Safeguards data by assuring timely back-ups and processing
- Installs all software, vendor, and pricing updates on all systems and coordinates the installation and set-up of all new equipment
- Provides IT support to employees in all locations by prioritizing, troubleshooting and resolving problems quickly
- Escalates technology installation and support issues to appropriate dealership, partner, and vendor personnel as appropriate.
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- 5+ years’ experience in information technology management
- Strong communication skills with ability to train others on technology solutions
- Experience with routers, servers, and network technology desired
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be physically able to perform minor lifting of equipment, climbing or crawling to install equipment and run cables and occasionally long periods of time sitting at a workstation
- Must be willing to travel to company locations
- Familiar with John Deere and competitive products desired
- Degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience required
Job Type: Full-time
- Health | Vision | Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- IRA Insurance
- Paid Holidays (6)
- Paid Vacation Eligibility
If this job isn’t for you, but perhaps a friend would be a perfect fit-please send them this link! Thanks!