Type of Employment: Full-time
Virginia Tractor is currently hiring a Financial Controller for six neighborhood John Deere, Stihl and Honda dealerships.
Position Summary: The Controller is responsible for directing the fiscal functions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board, other regulatory and advisory organizations and in accordance with financial management techniques and practices. The Controller assists the CEO in the aggressive and successful growth of the dealerships. The Controller provides the leadership, management, and vision necessary to effectively grow the dealerships and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
Planning neighborhood John Deere, Stihl, and Honda dealer
- Assist in formulating the future direction and supporting tactical initiatives for dealerships.
- Monitor and participate in directing the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop/improve performance measures that support the strategic direction for the dealerships.
- Advise CEO and leadership on business trends
- Build the support capacity for future growth
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Direct the overall accounting, tax and finance operations including overseeing transaction processing systems
- Manage the accounting/finance functions outsourced to third party vendors
- Implement accounting/finance best practices
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
- Assist with acquisitions due diligence and negotiations of acquisitions
- Lead the budget and financial planning process
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Oversee all financial and compliance reporting
- Report financial results to the President
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the CEO
Third Party Funding
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Assist in the arrangement of debt, equity financing, and investments of funds
- Participate in conference calls with the investment community
- Build/maintain banking and credit relationships
- Represent the company with investment bankers and investors
- CPA designation - preferred
- Master's degree in accounting or business administration
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in a multi-location (multi store) location is preferred
- Public accounting experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge of various accounting and business financial systems, with a solid knowledge of IT systems in general.
- Experience in partnering with an executive team.
- High level of written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability or experience creating and building financial processes, procedures, and systems.
- Strong financial and analytical skills with the ability to create meaningful reports for the management team.
- Knowledge or experience in operations, financial, controls and compliance audit experience is required.
- Knowledge and experience with banking and cash flow management.
- Experience, leading, coaching and developing staff members.
- Demonstrated team player that honors the decision-making process.
Working Conditions: Will work in an office environment. Frequent travel is required to all locations in the state of Virginia.
Supervises: Administrative/Accounting Staff
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Accounting/Finance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Controller: 1 year (Preferred)
- Dealership/Heavy Equipment: 1 year (Preferred)
- Multiple store (locations): 1 year (Preferred)