Location: All Locations (Charlottesville, Orange, Warrenton, Manassas, Purcellville, Winchester)
Type of Employment: Full-time
Purpose for the position:
Performs basic diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned agricultural and turf equipment. May require some direction or guidance from the Service Manager, Service Location Manager, Shop Foreman or Senior Technicians.
- Performs basic diagnostics and repairs on agricultural and turf equipment; and established Ag Management Solutions (AMS products).
- Participates in Service EDUCATE Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge.
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products.
- Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment.
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
- Completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments
- Accounts for all time on a time card and for all material used in performing assigned duties
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- 1+ years of experience performing service repairs
- Ability to perform repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural and turf equipment
- Ability to use Service Advisor and basic computer functions
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. repeatedly
- Basic Service Technician certification preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required
- Valid VA driver’s license is required