Location: Manassas, VA
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Virginia Tractor is a locally owned John Deere dealership, with 6 locations throughout Virginia. Our company works hard at developing and delivering solutions for our customer’s agricultural situations, landscaping, versatile utility vehicles, and lawn commercial mowing options. We offer the best equipment, service and replacement parts in agricultural, lawn and garden, compact tractors, commercial mowing and golf & turf equipment.
VT Mission: We are committed to be the market leader in supplying quality products, services and solutions to farm, garden, residential and commercial clients.
Virginia Tractor, an industry leading John Deere Dealership, is currently seeking a Lawn and Garden Technician to perform diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned agricultural and turf equipment, as well as C&CE (Customer and Commercial Equipment).
1. Performs diagnostics and repairs on agricultural and turf equipment.
2. Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products
3. Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment
4. Participates in Service and Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge
5. Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion
6. Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
7. Completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments
8. Accounts for all time on a time card and for all material used in performing assigned duties
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
Ability to perform repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures.
Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural and turf equipment.
Preferred experience with Service Advisor and basic computer functions; Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
Proficient oral and written communication skills
Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. repeatedly
Service Technician certification preferred
High School Diploma or equivalent experience required; Associates degree preferred
Valid VA driver’s license is required
Forklift license preferred
**Must have a current 10-year DMV printout (no more than 30 days old).
"Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabilities/Veterans"